Friday 16 November 2007

Word

Word...

  • the text or lyrics of a song as distinguished from the music.
  • contentious or angry speech; a quarrel.
  • a short talk or conversation
  • an expression or utterance
  • warrant, assurance, or promise
  • news; tidings; information
  • a verbal signal, as a password, watchword, or countersign


[ENTRIES NOW CLOSED]



Sarang Mahajan(120)

Someone asked, ‘Why only humans know words?’
He was answered….



Sometimes words pat you to perk you up
Sometimes they are a splash that wakes you up



Like a mother, they hold you with warmth
Like a lover, they break your heart



They become a ship and carry you to different lands
They become a flight and take you to your distant home



They burn like a torch to show you the way,
Or deceive you and push you in a pit



They plunge like a dagger, cut sharp
They touch you intimately and turn your ears hot



Words are delicate, they easily become a weapon from a medicine.
So naturally, the wisest race on earth was entrusted with them!

===============================================================

NM (176)

We sat in the warm sea sand, lounging back, hand in hand. The sun was setting, making her hair glow in an ecstatic crimson. She looked at the sea, then at me. She said nothing, just smiled. I loved her so much, nothing could be better than that moment.

"Ask her Akash, don't let time blink" I said to myself.

Gathering all the courage in the form of air in my lungs, holding back all the fears in the form of breath I looked straight into her big, brown eyes.

"Nisha, Marry me"

She looked at me, a tad shocked. I was put off balance. Trying to regain whatever bit of it I had lost I asked,

"Will you?"

She glanced. And held that glance. My heart was pounding. The sun was about to set. Time was about to blink. And then she giggled, and I knew it was time to let go off the fear. I finally breathe.

"Yes" she said. And continued to giggle.

One word. That one word changed my life. Our lives.

Misanthrope (72)

With the WORDS that
Seem placid and hurting,
I am decorating the story of our,
Possessive love,
For life -
For death -
and everything that comes in between,
with the colors of day-night and a tearful smile..



With the freedom,
Depicted by the movement of hand,
I kept moving the brush,
Till it wrote the WORDS,
Of silence and pain and struggle,
For falling in to love - again and again....

Santonu (123)

"Headless-chicken" is a costly word much more than the chicken itself, millions of rs was spent and wasted discussing the word in the parliament, such a strong word! Chapel said Ganguly is "lazy" and a state went mad, the govt. at the center felt the tremor. Some president said "friendly-firing" and the world trembled in laughter amidst fieriest war. "Peace" is the most abused word, those who talk about peace use it for triggering war. Those who always say we are at war, actually stay at home in peace, funny words! I missed the purple krown once as I wrote three words more and someone said "three words can change so many things" how true! and now I really ran out of words….

Nandini Sen (92)

He was happy. She was Happy. They were both singing "Words, words are all I have to take your breath away". The apple of their eye - little Moppet had uttered her first words.

"&aaa" said Moppet.

She imagined the 1st letter to be M...Moppet has said "Maaa"

He imagined it to be P....Moppet has said :Paaa"

It didn't matter. Moppet's words were immortalized in their lives. Maaa or Paaa - atleast she had spoken...not once, not twice, but repeatedly a dozen times.

Words, words, beautiful words their baby daughter was communicating.

Kaveesh Sinha (262)

I still remember the c-a-t and the m-a-t. The o-n-e and the t-w-o. It was arduous and seemed practically impossible to form words. The alphabets alone, 26 in number seemed a task for 26 lives, almost hinting dyslexia in me, but I managed. I managed to learn them all and even more…lots more. But no language is perfect, no vocabulary is adequate to the wealth of this valued world. I learnt words in many languages, still I feel lost to them, eventually wondering what is it that can encompass the whole rich, harsh and subtle experiences of this world full of words.

I would wonder how alphabets go straight into words and how words went straight into lines. Lines that could separate countries, that could break territories and wipe out things as tough as human bondages. Lines, which could create splits thorny enough to fill up, lines that could eventually devastate the state of all valuable experiences and events of life. These are nothing but words that form two lines apart…far enough for even the same man to straddle from one to the other. The grammar affects these words, breaking up infinitives affects these words, using negatives affects these words. Life, however by any means is not a handsome word! Sin and purity, hatred and love, rebellion and support, destruction and nurturing are all words. If we remember them, we know them. We put the word out of our mind, and they depart. Eventually all comes down to life being a long sentence, the only need…to end it with the right WORD.

Truth Dude (120)

Say it!

Say it now!!

Not yet.

He was dreaming. It was a beautiful dream. One which would gladden him.

Thankfully!

For the direct consequence of this dream, mattered.

It mattered like hell!!

But later that...

First, the dream.

He smiled. He mumbled.

He slept fitfully. Like a little baby who had never known pain or joy or sorrow

and for whom everything was inconsequential.

Ahhh, what I would give to dream that dream.

But look at Him.

He sleeps and turns and smiles.

And then suddenly,

He wakes.

'Oy'

Say it now!

'I can't see anything…'

Say the word…say it!

'Too much darkness'

NOW NOW NOW!!

'Light!', He said

'Let there be light!!'

And so the Universe was born!

GSV (150)

Aman always believed that 'Lack of communication leads to delusion in a relationship'. But was defeated everytime in his efforts to bring that harmony which he aspired. Words were the only mode to converse between Sarika and him. He knew how to give wings to his thoughts, but interpretation was never easy, implication was too vague, meanings were so many.He knew how to express that love, through conjugation of letters,but dismay was such easy, mistrust was too certain,doubts were so many.


He wished he could hug her once and let the eyes speak for him.He wished if they couldn't stay together for long then atleast give a blissful end to their amity. But no one can hear those silent wishes,only words are audible. For him today words were few, thoughts both old and new, time very limited, he again resorted to dial her number to have that one last word.

Richa Gupta (118)

The words just hung there….cruel, hard and cold....like icicles. They stared at each other, two strangers married for 6 years. He couldn't believe she had said the "D" word…neither could she....it had been reverberating in her mind for some time now but to actually have spoken it aloud!! She groped in her mind to grasp at the times when the words had been softer, when the feelings behind the words had been of love and not bitterness and anger. But those times seemed so elusive…they were there somewhere but hovering out of reach. If she could just reach out…touch them….she would wrap them around her…for warmth….for comfort….if only she could find them… maybe this nightmare would be over…

Dok Saab (102)

The Wordsmith

Morning, Magic,

Mist, rain,

Mere words,

Combination of letters,

Feeble, hollow, worthless.

But these bare words,

Dressed with her thoughts,

Become potent, complete,

Evocative, elegant.

A wizard of words is she.

Naked, body,

Infidelity, pain.

Mere words,

Meaningless sounds,

Harsh, noisy, discordant,

But these jarring words,

Coming from her flute,

Become musical, sweet,

Tuneful, harmonious.

A wizard of words is she

Smile, Kiss

Love, wing,

Mere words,

Empty elements of speech,

Senseless words,

Scattered chaotically,

Like the blobs of paint,

On a grimy palette.

With her pen, a brush,

She paints beautiful pictures,

Verses, stories, songs.

A wizard of words is she.

Hummingnerd (120)

An apology
a shout
the acceptance
true and false
first and final
hard and easy
...
Words are important.



you can't see or touch them
you can only hear
you can only read
Yet..
like all the things man invented
they are mortal

so hear...
so read...

important is not the word spoken
it's the look of the eyes
a bend of the head
the hint of a smile
it's the feeling
yes !
a word without feeling...
a river without bed...
a body without soul...
...
a world without love...

Thus...
don't just read this
these are nothing but words.
words used sparingly,
for you to not read
but, to feel....

..........

a word is
a world without love



Mickey the Monkey (113)

Words failed me.
Again and again.

King, I would have been.
But father, when he asked,
Will I takeover his throne?
Why not, yes I wanted to say.
Why no… was all I could stammer.
Words failed me.

Mine, Jane would have been.
But Jane, when she asked,
Do I want to marry her?
No one else but you I wanted to say.
No... No... was all I could stammer.
Words failed me. Again.

Born as man I would have been.
But God, when He asked,
How on earth I want to be born?
A prince charming… I wanted to say.
Ape... ape... was all I could stammer.
Words failed me. Yet Again

Konfessioner Singh (117)

“Sometimes you like a song before its moment and you can never imagine it will mean so much and so soon.

And that one word... it grows into you, pushing against the walls of the pit in your stomach, against your neck when you swallow, stinging your eyes, ordering them to betray you.”

Meera, stop writing about it.

I can’t.

You will go mad Meer…

Does it matter Mahtob?

To me it does.

For how long?

Stop it!

Go away.

Meeru please…

But why do they always do this to me Mahtob? Why must I always…imagine the rest of the story?

Another word to weave into my blanket of verse. With its pockets of dead possibilities. But…”


59 comments:

The Konfessioners said...

Komrades...start kommenting and voting, lets wrap this up by early Sunday so you have till Wednesday evening to write..!!

Unknown said...

What a word
difficult !
and so less time was given to klash!!
But we find here seven beautiful takes !!
great !!!

Unknown said...

Truth Dude
Great Imagination Dude !!
Let there be light, probably the first words ever pronounced.
Good one, and even I could understand easily, no hidden meanings, did not have to google phrases to know the meaning. I mean, thats what I think, may be there is some hints I am unable to read.

Missy Baba said...

I know!!! what was interesting was reading through the many meanings of 'word'... but we haven't experimented enough.. :( I blame the time factor!

we need to stick to quick voting etc!!

I'm expekting 3 more klashes dok saab! :)

Unknown said...

Kavish So Shinjini ultimately brought you in too. I have observed you for long, in Shinjini's profile and the LBC. It will be interesting to know you through klash. Welcome.
Great take, Kaveesh. it just that you will have to shed those extra words

Unknown said...

GSV communication good interpretation of the word , but why were Words the only mode to converse between Sarika and him . There are other means of conversation, when two hearts talk.
GSV if you had put spaces after full stops and comma, your take goes up from 150 to 155. Using too many words disqualifies you for the voting.
Richa Gupta ( I have not used the Jee word this time, Richa G) Six years to pronounce the ‘D’ word. How much we try to accommodate and adjust. Why don’t we say those words the moment they come to our heart, and avoid those six years of agony? Nice take. You are as good with prose as with poetry.
Hummingnerd It was your word, Lunatic, but with the standards you had set with your first klash, this one fell just few steps short. I had some higher expectations from you.
Mickey Hi Monkey, I know of a very good speech therapist, words will never fail you. M..m..m… mickey.

The Konfessioners said...

haha Dok Saab, i love your komments

On behalf of the Konfessioners, I welkome our newbies this week--

Kavish and Nandini! I also welkome back, Misanthrope aka Manan Shukla.

Cheers and keep writing..where is everyone yaar?!

Konfessioner Singh.

Mangal said...

Shinjini, I am not a newbie - come on.. :(

:)

Unknown said...

@shinjini pehenji-gal ai si ki word kount hon to reh gaye..haha..pata ni lagaya kadon ded sau ho gaye..

Unknown said...

@ dok saab-there was no other means to communicate sir in their story..that was the tragedy..i am already disqualified sir, if i would have written the whole story, i would have been debarred forever..haha
and sir u realy did good work this time..used many of the words previously used in klash and carved a very fresh piece. realy a very nice craftwork.

NonsSens said...

Hello...being the new one around here, I'm truly overawed by the creativity of people. I liked Truth Dude's stuff - ingenuity shines through....and Mickey the Monkey's bumbling through life with unpronounced words was funny to read.

Missy Baba said...

I just noticed..we've had words starting from W since the past 3-4 weeks!

Wizard
Wind
Word

whoaaa! haha

And Manan you BUDDHU, I said "welkome back" Manan.. uff!

@GSV, ki gal hai paahji, badi punjabi shunjabi aa gayi hai thaunoo vi..hain?? Jab we met da asar haiga ki ainvi? hahaha... ded sau words de wordsmith, thauda take saunoo chaanga laga!

@Nandini, welkome oye! And btw everybody, Nandini is here thanks to Richa G (hahahahahhaha this sounds KOOL!)

@NM, welkome back! :)

The klash is a full 13 again, missing in aktion are Mandi, GF and Free Woman.. :(

Santonu said...

There is another funny thing! I can see exceeding words have become contegeous. Ha Ha! Shinjini, it all started from u...I liked it though :D

Mustafa Quilon said...

Hi Dok Saab...I knew I was gonna hear something similar :D There were lot of "takes" which I thought everyone would write about. Sadly, no one did :(, yet.

Regarding mine. I like this one more. Try reading it without expecting Rhymes. This one brings out the arrogant-preacher-who-thinks-he-knows-it-all out of me..hahaha !

"A WORD is a WORLD without LOVE !"

It was pretty difficult to make my views apparent on this one. I guess, the WIND blew the WORDS away....ha ha ha....!

Thanks for your Komments :)

Mustafa Quilon said...

And regarding the difficulty....

I think the word WORD was not explored more....As someone said, should be 'coz of the TIME-FACTOR. So, lets finish KOMMENTING and VOTING by tomorrow!

truthdude said...

Thanks dok! :)

GSV said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

komments and voting-

@ sarang mahajan- i liked ur lines..."They plunge like a dagger, cut sharp
They touch you intimately and turn your ears hot".

@ NM- i think 'giggle' was an enough assurance of "yes" . so was that "yes" such important...

@ Misanthrope- found it short of something..may be the painting could be drawn more colorful

@ Santonu- a take for the edit-page of newspaper..haha...different..and nice..and how do you knw u r going to surpass the limit again by "three words"..now this is very calculative thing..haha

@ Nandini Sen- nice concept..that "paaa" and "maaa" one:)

@ Kaveesh Sinha-alphabets to word to lines to borders to life to word again..good one..

@ Truth dude- i feel the most important part from bible, but a nice piece of fiction from you..

(John 1:1 NKJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(John 1:2 NKJV) He was in the beginning with God.
(John 1:3 NKJV) All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
(John 1:4 NKJV) In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
(John 1:5 NKJV) And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

@ Richa gupta-the emotion displayed were resultant of prolonged mental anguish.speaking of 'D' word is never easy in matrimony,linger on is sometimes the best alternative, but eventually reality never hides for long.nice take..for more serious results of mental agony read fyodor dostovoskys 'crime and punishment'..haha

Mustafa Quilon said...

@ SARANG.

I din't like it much, as I was reading your post..But the last two lines made the difference. Very Nice !

@ NM

I was SMILING all the way through your post. Not for it's predictability but for the beautiful moment. Reminds me of few things. And any WORD at that moment would have changed your lives. Good, it was a "YES" :)

@ MISANTHROPE

I din't understand it..may be it would take a few more reads. I thought of some silly stuff while reading the poem which I'm sure you wouldn't have meant..:D So, could you explain it a bit to me ? I'm a bit Dumb.

@ Santonu

Three WORDS again :o:o...Hey Missy, does MS WORD really give KORRECT counts ??? :D:D You should have a check :p And Santonu, the idea was very refreshing. I liked it...:)

And if the THREE WORD leap was deliberate then...:D:D:D:D...I like it more. Not for the LEAP, but, for the idea!

However, I do believe that the WORD COUNT should be followed Strictly. STAFF --> Do something. BROKEN RULES should carry PENALTIES :D:D ..umm..KAVEESH should SUGGEST some Penalties. I love his style of Humor :D

@ Nandini Sen

WELKOME :)
I knew it was BOYZONE...Sometimes it happens..It happens to me...I thought R. Keating was from TAKE THAT, whereas, it was R WILLIAMS. It took 10 minutes of my precious time. I'm arrogant. I don't like to use google, when I know I KNOW...@ DOK SAAB any exercises to KILL this DISEASE....!!!!!
@ Nandini Sen Again..Sorry for the rant..And I hate when people say CUTTEEEE, SWEEETT and all the other stuffs...But this has to be the exception. Simple and Sweet! I guess, you could have also involved DAA...or haa haa haa :D:D Lovely!

@ KAVEESH SINHA

WELKOME :)
I knew it has to be BRILLIANT. And it is! If Missy's to be blamed for the exceeding words, then she is excused. Awesome. If not for the LEAPING words. My VOTE would have been to you!

@ TRUTH DUDE

"Is this called Deliberate obfuscation?", I thought. Then I googled. I found the meaning and the origins of the phrase "Let there be light" and EUREKA ! There was "Light" bestowed upon me...ha ha ha..I still don't get how the dream relates...??

However, your takes always have something to explore about, which is good!

@ GSV

Were you lost in the IDEA ? It left a lot to be desired. I first thought the guy would be "a mute"..but, may be some shed of "Light" on me would do :)

@ RICHA GUPTA

The start was amazing. The first 3 sentences. Loved it.

One Question--> Was it a LOVE marraige or ARRANGED ? It would help in my "research"..ha ha ha..:)

Nice one.

@ DOK SAAB

I get the OUTER meaning..trying to figure it out more...Nice One.

@ HUMMINGNERD

I know. I know. I understand :p

@ MICKEY, THE MONKEY

You are the WISEST of the animals. I saw a video of a monkey pulling a Dog's leg. ROFLMAO.

I also heard someone from your race killed one of our's, lately !! I guess, you must be having the same issues as we do :D

Koming back. Thanks for the appreciation to humans...:D:D Whoever you are.....good good !

@ KONFESSIONER SINGH

Why always the last one ????

And regarding the post :):)



Finally I'm done..yaay!

Ah....the VOTE...

ummm..Tomorrow!

Mustafa Quilon said...

@ STAFF

Voting Times and all other RULES should be followed, Strictly!!!

Unknown said...

@ Dok saab-sir rhyming was too good..'words' truly displayed her 'wizardry'(or witchcraft..haha..gender issues have been raised before too..)

@hummingnerd- a word is world without love..hmm..Anagrammist of the week..

@ Mickey the monkey-nice work man..aah monkey.the idea was brilliant behind the poem.

@ konfessioner singh- 'Italics' were the best,'times roman' were good too..but couldn't join them meaningfully..realy realy..but that last dialogue,"Why must I always…imagine the rest of the story?" gave me much solace..haha

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

my vote this week to mickey the monkey

truthdude said...

lots of new people :)
hi all!

lots of words being written about a word. heh.

so sarang you rock dude. i think your poem could've been a little tighter. but a really fine piece!!

NM dude...thats a romance novel. or a setting in an Indian love story...aakash and nisha. :) heh!

misanthrope...dude your writing feels disjointed. maybe its because of the punctuation and the short but not so sweet language you use. hmmm..like your sentences have lots of pauses..no full stops. and the commas make those pauses pretty abrupt. yep, thats it. and the content seems positive. :)

ahhh...the headless chicken :)
that dude spoke his head off, didnt he :) a nice take santonu!

hi nandini! :) the third sentence should have been,'And they were not gay!' ;) but jokes apart...some good writing from you. i liked the whole communicating and words thing you got going there...but i think a better execution was needed.

kaveesh...dude/dudette..that was longer than the mandated 120...but really nice! a fine buildup to nice finish. it was like watching a double flip dive in a diving competition. heh!

mua. well this was just weird writing. the whole 'let there be light' thing was stuck into my head because of a story written by isaac asimov. it was about a question about entropy (a measure of the unavailability of a system’s energy to do work) being asked to a computer who evolves into god. :)

the story is called ' The Last Question'. and here's the link to it -

http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html


ok. the rest later.

truthdude said...

and there ain't no staff here.

richa said...

staff???? who is staff??? Princess YO mighty Princess thou haft fallen to the level of "STAFF" hahahaha!!!
but on a serious note..word limit is exactly that a limit..if u cross it u should not be a part of this...or if we want freedom to express than there should be no limit...we can't have both...

Sarang Mahajan said...

Welcome my old pal Kaveesh and Nandini! What wonderful takes, both of you!

Forgive me, everyone. This week I wrote just for the sake of writing. Shinjini brutally terrorized me! :D

And I agree with Richa about the word limit. Everyone here can write well with the luxury of unlimited words, but those who mind the word limit cripple their write-ups in some way. So it is unjust to run healthy write-ups and crippled write-ups in a same marathon. Besides, let us all be skilled enough to bear the word limit challenge.

If Konfessioner Singh failed to inform Kaveesh about the word limit, here is her punishment - ten points from Slytherin! :D

Missy Baba said...

@ Santonu.. haha I know!!! But I just did it once!! :( and you're 123 this time too, will you miss the krown for the same reason?! :( You're missing my vote ONLY because of it!

@Hummingnerd, last because I update the space usually haha. And, true we MUST stick to the rules. I'm wrapping this up today irrespective of everyone voting or not last kount will be done by 6:00 p.m. positively and NO STAFF here :( aaisa ghoonsa maroongi zindagi bhar kaali ankh bani rahegi!! :X haha.. we're kalled The Konfessioners ;)

@Richa, Empress teri toh!!!! dhishum dhishum!

@GSV-- Arrey, Meera is writing in italics and answering in times new roman :)

Mustafa Quilon said...

Alright! The STAFF trick worked...:D:D Voting by today 6pm...!

@ SARANG hahahahaha.

My VOTE goes to....umm...Scrolling Scrolling...ummm...A toss-up between the last five(in post-order), except me, :D, Scrolling...Scrolling...Now, between DOK SAAB & MONKEY....And MICKEY, THE MONKEY it is :):)

Mustafa Quilon said...

and MISSY SINGH...Do add a rules element on the left nav bar...!

Also, I would take this as an opportunity to give KUDOS to MISSY BABA aka KONFESSIONER SINGH aka SHINJINI aka SHIN SHIN aka ....!

We appreciate what you do. Thank you :) :D ^,^

Unknown said...

Sarang Mahajan Great take on the word, Sarang. How powerful a tool nature entrusted upon the wisest race, but how injudiciously we use it. I feel the races who don’t use words, communicate in a better way than us.

Unknown said...

NM
Yes and No, two most powerful words we know, but how often we use them wrongly. How often we say YES whan we want to say NO. (A book I read :) )
Welkome back, NM, we miss you at Klash, Hope you find time much often. Good take, but for the Word Limit, rules are rules , NM.

Unknown said...

Misanthrope
Well , I have followed your poems on orkut. Good to see you found words for the Klash.
Short and effective.

Unknown said...

Santonu
Loved your take, Santonu!! Headless chicken a much talk about word. The poor official had to eat his own words following the MP’s wrath. How often we speak without guessing what the consequences would be.

Unknown said...

Nandini Sen
First spoken words of a child, so exciting for the parents, I know how thrilled the parents are when that first repetitive sound occurs. Welkome Nandini, great take.

Unknown said...

Konfessioner Singh
Your takes are always on a higher level Missy, or may be I am prejudiced.
Very thought provoking, leaving a lot to imagine, that’s how all your takes are. I don’t think you need any votes to prove that.

Unknown said...

Finally posted all my komments.
Great take, in such a short notice. such varied interpretations of the word.
I had expected someone to write about the Four Letter words, probably from Mickey, or Summer(where is that Horse, never returned from that hilltop).
Now for My vote---Truth Dude

Mickey said...

Hi All
Great Klash !!
Sorry this time Folks, I am unable to Komment.
I am Busy [Monkeying around ;) ], so no time to komment before the deadline.
Thanks GSV, and Hummingnerd, for your Kind Votes.
My Vote ... to Nandini Sen for the use of such primitive words, ma..ma., da..da.., ba..ba.., the most lovely words spoken by you humans.

Unknown said...

@ missy- oh te mainu vi pata hega that she was meera writing in italics.maadi moodi jeyi angrezi de 'words' te saanu vi aaonde hege..haha..just i could'nt interpret them fully. that wat was she writing for which she was stopped by mahtab.why were dead possiblities..etc etc etc..A-gah-gah-gah-gah-gah-gah

NonsSens said...

My vote goes to Truth Dude for presenting a remixed version of Let there be light.

NM said...

My Vote: Mickey, the monkey

@ GS: Well, even if the giggle said it, it didnt quite seal it. Sometimes the yes is more than necessary.

@ Dok Saab: Thank you for the kind words sir. As far as the word limit, i dint really care this time. :)

Komments Later.

For the time being and as mentioned before.

My Vote: Mickey, the monkey

Missy Baba said...

Total so far-->

Mickey-- 1+2+1= 4 :P
Truth Dude-- 2
Nandini-- 1

Korrect me if I'm wrong!

Missy Baba said...

Komments first--

1. Sarang-- My terror! haha.. Irrespective of what you think and the fact that it was produced in a hurry, you kame out with one of the koolest lines-- Words are delicate, they easily become a weapon from a medicine

2. NM-- The minute detail in "the sun was about the set" is metaphorical for time running out, as always, you hit the spot! Well written and felt. After all I've read about Akash and Nisha, they might just be one of those pairs remembered in story-film history..for eternity.

3.Misanthrope-- This did not do much for me since I have read you earlier and you do write beautifully, but this didn't work.. also you used "words" instead of word! :)

4. Santonu-- You're one of the freshest entries this week, you had my vote but the 3+ words screwed it.. :( But remember, you're my first favourite! I cant vote for you though... :(

5. Nandini-- Lovely! But again "words" and not word.. :( Imaginative and touching take! My first word incidentally, was "Lee" after an aunty named Leena haha.

6.Kaveesh-- Absconder! I refuse to komment on you! fool!! :X

7.Truth Dude-- Lovely, BUT where's "word"!!!! And GSV, thank you for the inputs on the allusions! I do agree that's one of the most pertinent if not most beautiful portions of the Bible. Also, thank you TD, for the link to story.. :)

8.Richa G-- The D word. You have my vote, simply because you managed to capture WHAT a woman feels so well, enveloping herself in the warmth of 'the word' she's searching for or maybe the last dregs of some good memory something that might save her..and him..and theirs. Well done! :)

9. Dok Saab-- For those of you who don't know, I want to show off..this one has been written for me and I want to vote for Dok Saab but instead I'll bake him a chocolate cake one of these days...:) Thank you so much Dok Saab, you're my biggest source of encouragemnt. Always.. :)

10. Hummingnerd-- Lovely.. one problem, "a word is a world without love"?? how's that?? I particularly liked your flow.. its almost like a purple brook..:)

11. Mickey the Monkey--Should I say Kongratulations now?!! :) What a nice take, I'm a predjudiced old fool who is a feminist basically and I cant get over the woman and her D word. But you do get some Kake too!!! :)

12. KS-- Well, you should write a poem now. haha

Cheers all VOTE fast!

Shinjini.

Missy Baba said...

Oh Shit, I KNEW I forgot someone/thing! haha

@GSV-- I never realized men feel the same way hahaha.. I love the dial her number for one last word bit. Can relate perfectly! Lovely end. But ded sau!!!

----

@Hummingned- Mere pyaare paahji, thou hast not seen the left nav or what :X!!! utthe rules nahin teh kya mere chehre da map chipka hua hai?! ainvi!!! uff! and thank you so much for the kudos, lekin the klash works only and only because of all the konfessioners who participate! and nothing would've been possible without the Konfessing Mahajan brothers! :)

@ Dok Saab-- I'm blushing! But it meant nothing higher really.. :)

@GSV-- okay hun dasdi hun, Meera writes constantly based on one heartbreak she had and so Mahtob wants her to stop. Otherwise she might just go crazy. "Dead possibilities" because whoever Meera wanted to be with, she can't be with..therein ends the possible possibility!

Unknown said...

@ missy- thank you for explaining..:)

@ doksaab- chocklate cake mubarak ho.:)

@ mickey the monkey- congrats so finally today u r a prince charming with a 'KROWN'

truthdude said...

Say it now!

'I can't see anything…'

Say the word…say it!



hey Shinjini...here's the word :)

Mustafa Quilon said...

@ Mickey --> KONGRATS....!!!

@ Misyy

Hmmm....a word is a worLd without Love...:D

and punjabi sounds good :D:D And U still din't get what i mean :p Later..!5152

richa said...

sorry sorry guys....its still only 7pm sunday my time :) i dont see any crown yet so am going to vote anyway...too late for komments I guess but
@doc saab: it is true we adjust and compromise but if we keep saying what comes to our heart and mind the moment we think them many a relationships would be lost..i guess Shin Shin put it the best..it was my character's last ditch attempt to salvage the relationship...

richa said...

lot of people got disqualified coz of the word limit....and then I felt like voting for myself..i truly felt it was one of my better pieces but then I leaned towards Shin Shin but finally my vote is for [b]Mickey the Monkey...for his last line...how he got Ape from "A pri...." :)[/b]

The Konfessioners said...

Kongratulations Mickey for the klean sweep but where are you?!!!

The word this week is Green!

@GSV-- you're always welkome!

@TD-- Whooops! :)

@Lunatik-- pakka tell me, do you mean a separate simple box for 'rules' we have them all in "How we klash"!

@ Richa-- yes, this was one of your best!!! And we MUST stick to wordlimits!!

Sarang Mahajan said...

This was so fast! I thought we had today's day for votes. Anyways, I won't komment on everyone's klash now. But anyway's I wanted to vote the Monkey anyway, so my vote - Mickey!

Mickey said...

I kan not imagine I got that koveted krown, just by stammering !!:D
Thanks all for the encouragement shown.
Special Thanks (in alphabetical order )
GSV
Hummingnerd
NM
Richa
Sarang
for voting for me

Kaveesh said...

Hey all..
Thanx a ton for accepting me so heartily well to the klash korner!
DoK saab, u've been favourite for long...Shin n Sarang Bhai have been gr8 buds n TRUTHDUDE...i happen to be a dude..invariably!!!
Hummingnerd...zillion thanx for the fact that u wanted to vote for me...haha

I WILL WITH VERITY N REGULARITY ABIDE BY THE 120 LIMIT..JUST DIDNT KNOW IT...I HOPE MY 'WORDS' FIT IN WELL AMIDST ALL THE SANE AND BRILLIANT KLASHES!

THANKU ALL!

Unknown said...

Kongrats Monkey !! You got the good old Purple krown.

How funny that teddy bear would have looked sitting over your head !!

I agree with Santonu, this purple krown looks better, klashers envy winners pride!!
I dont know who all voted for a new krown every week, but that idea was absurd

Willy Wingfoot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Willy Wingfoot said...

GOD!!!
Would someone tell me how to post my pic here???!!!!

Mustafa Quilon said...

@ WILLY

Dashboard --> Settings --> Comments tab

You'll have an option called Show profile images on comments?

Select YES :D

Willy Wingfoot said...

Lemme c if i get 2 c ME now!!!
POOF!

Am i here?.....do i c me?...DO u ALL c me...?????

Hey->Humm...
Thanx 4 d help,lol....
n cool WRITE-UP urs....both d weeks i missed.
Is ur GREEN done????

Missy Baba said...

Hey Willy! It's good to see you back, hope the CAT's belled.. ;)

and GOD you're EXCITED about the blog,pictures etc etc etc! Subere se! haha.. bonne chance with it mon ami, we shall check it out! :)

And yes, I'm done with 'green'.