Wednesday 28 November 2007

Coffee

Coffee




  • a beverage consisting of a decoction or infusion of the roasted ground or crushed seeds (coffee beans) of the two-seeded fruit (coffee berry) of certain coffee trees.
  • a cup of coffee
  • a social gathering at which coffee and other refreshments are served

[ENTRIES CLOSED!]

Nandini Sen (120)


With a steaming cup of coffee, I sat thinking about my Klash entry. Coffee got over, but no inspiration struck. Drat, instant variety doesn’t help, lets try filter coffee.

While brewing the dark concoction an inviting aroma filled my nostrils. Laced with milk and sugar, the nectar was just right. Why don’t they ever make Coffee scented deos?

Twenty minutes later, I had an empty mug, and a blank mind.

Probably, I’ll just write what I overheard at the market yesterday.

Chotu, the cobbler, returned Sethji’s dropped wallet. Sethiji held out a 10rupee note.

Chotu: Sethji mujhe kafi de do

Sethji: Kya Rs10 kafi nahin

Chotu pointed at the coffee mug etched on the fancy restaurant’s door and said “Kafi”


Genuine Fake (110)

I graze greener pastures,

I wake beyond the sleeping masses,

I live in rich taste,

Yet not a minute I waste,


Because of the caffeine in the blood,

I write, I think and I prod,

For thou enliven me,

Thy cream and thy sugar,

They oh so comfort me.


Now I walk in the shadowed valley of your addiction,

Sometime in jubilation, sometime in affliction,

But I shall continue to anoint another day,

With coffee gracing my mug whenever it may,



And I shall savor the frappes,

And the delicious carafes,

And I would dwell in the House of Mochas,

Relieving from all, the oka, the rum or the vodka..


====================================================================


Santonu (119)

I was lying on the table when the darkness of the big hall was settling down. I was reminiscing the day. Only one table inside the coffee house was occupied in the morning, old folks chatted about each other's family. They spilled me off from their cups and that's how I'm here, they were relaxed, but the young writers weren't happy at all, although they consumed cups of coffee sitting for there for hours. Smoke and noise filled in Coffee House as the students poured in the afternoon; the evening came with bright couples. People say tough intellectuals meet here for the coffee, but I saw humane life over coffee before the wet cloth wiped me off.


====================================================================


Richa Gupta (120)

"Just black, no sugar" Zohra turned around. She hadn't heard this voice in 10 years. Her mind went back to when she had been 18 and had met the 35 yr old Aslam, a widely acclaimed writer...long hair, black framed glasses, ragged jeans, the personification of all stereotypes. Even his black coffee had been so "adult" so "serious". She had been enthralled but soon disillusion had set in. He spent hours locked inside his own mind, thinking… writing…creating and she was shut out. Many a mornings the empty coffee cups were the only indicators that Aslam had been home. Even his black coffee irritated her...it was so "pretentious!!" She had grown out of him. Looking at him now she wished…

===================================================================

Dok Saab (120)

(all characters and events in this klash are imaginary. Any resemblance with people is only coincidental)

"CCD 16hrs……AS" the SMS read.
It was well past five now. The café was full.
The waiter came for the fourth time.
"Your order, sir."
"I am waiting for someone" I told him once again.
"It's already been more than an hour, would you mind waiting outside"
"Ok give me one coffee, please" I offered, though I hated coffee.
I wouldn't be here had she not called me here.
"Hot or cold"
"Hot" who needed cold in December?
"Cappuccino or Mocha"
"Cappuccino"
I didn't knew the difference anyway.
No sign of her and it was five forty-five.
I tried to take a sip from that dark, bitter, burning concoction.

The bitter taste of that coffee still lingers in my mouth.

===================================================================


Sarang Mahajan (120)

In Gokulgram, there lived a mean little girl called Coffee. She loved spying over Lord Krishna and obstructing him in playing the naughty pranks he was famous for. But when it came to meeting Radha, she’d go to any extent to stop him. One dawn, when Krishna was cleverly escaping mother Yashoda’s custody to meet Radha at the bank of Yamuna, Coffee, who was hiding nearby purposely, made a big noise to wakeup Yashoda. Recaptured and angry, Lord Krishna cursed her, ‘you are jealous of us loving souls, so hereon, you should be the first reason for two tender hearts to meet and know each other. And while their romance blossoms, you should fume in a cup listening to them.’

===================================================================


Mandappa KC (116)

My sweet Dusky lady


Oh my sweet dusky lady.

My sweet dusky lady.


Heat me up, when I'm cold

Make me young when I'm old.

Wake me up, when I'm out.

Perk me up, when I'm down.

My sweet dusky lady.

Oh my sweet dusky lady

The way you slide in and fire my veins

Rising passion out on the plains

Steam rising in to the mist

Red hot our every morning tryst.


My sweet dusky lady.

Oh my sweet dusky lady


Tender kisses on raw tongue taste

We meet even if I've got no time to waste

I cant live without you my sweet

Without you, I'd be dead beat.


My sweet dusky lady.

Oh my sweet dusky lady




=====================================================================

GSV (114)

'Tea or Coffee'?

'Tea! Dont bring that beans-stuff for me, beverage for the elite'!

'What happened'?

'Nothing'!

'Tell me'!

'Today Commissioner sahab visited our office and I was supposed to make arrangements.For the Breakfast Meeting, I placed order for three different varieties of biscuits,garnished veg butter toast and extra special cardamom Tea, and you guess what happenend next'?

'What'?

"After breakfast, the principal secretary asked me 'Are you new to civil services? Don't you know tea is an informal drink, have you ever seen tea being served at Marriage, Functions, and kitty parties! Its always Coffee!' "

"Hahaha...You tell me one thing dear,before our marriage, why did you always offered me Coffee during Tea-breaks?"

=====================================================================

Hummingnerd (99)

2 O'clock.
too cold to sleep,
a rotten taste in my mouth,
my eyes are deep...


Once..

I had a big crush
on this girl who used to blush;
asked her out for a cup of tea
said she liked coffee

so we went on in her car
a scent of coffee validated the hour.
I said, "I love thee"
"But, I love louie", said she.
...
...



What happened next is easy to see
a cup of troubles
it turned out to be
I gave up on my tea
and now in bed, I'm having my
bitter coffee.

====================================================================

Kavish Sinha (120)

Brown bubbles skate across
the smooth, scalding surface,
and cluster at the brim
of the hot mug of dark brew.


They crowd each other,
and murmur steamy coffee yarns
They nudge one another,
Happy to see her around


Each bubble is anxious
to be the first one to burst,
and flick its rich, sharp scent;
into the crisp and clean of her's.


There they pass through the lips
Each relieved to be touching in
Its beans have been crushed
In its trodding serving bliss.



I am warmed on the thought of coffee
I call myself fanatic


I can learn a good deal from it
That satiates me with its death
May I serve the maiden?
Who is now my addict!


=====================================================================


Konfessioner Singh(120)


You can’t match men with coffees. They aren’t deep enough for that sort of thing…and girlfriends ought to share everything over chocolate sundaes and maggi. It’s really all about how you grow with coffee.


I remember the first three grains in a big red mug and an arghhh face, the okay-let’s stay awake with coffee trial and of course! The ‘I’m a writer so I like mine black’ phase. I tried to impress him with the latter…he laughed. Okay, maybe I took it too personally and the result was my version—one big pretty looking mug with a history, freshly ground Turkish black with a spoonful of condensed milk. I remember him when it’s bitter and home when it’s sweet.



51 comments:

Mickey said...

HI folks!!
Nice word.
but could not think of anything worth sending.
so you have one strong kontender for the krown less.
Enjoy !!

Missy Baba said...

Hi Mickey!!!

that's terrible!!! we'll miss you..:( not many klashes this week though!!! Kavish and mine's comin' up though!!!

Willy Wingfoot said...

SAME FATE,sir APE!
I've been through a dozen of my 'thinking-while-studying' sessions, and to my utmost horror and shame, not a single theme enticed me into writing 120words!

But wonderful work,KLASHERS...!

I just hope to feed on a brainwave for dinner tonight....

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Bandar kyaa jane Coffee kaa swaad
Poor Monkey, I think he has never been to CCD with Jane

richa said...

hey hey...sarang you are amazing..but well will save rest for my komments!!! Initially I had thought "what in blazes can I write on Coffee" but then while I was watching "Frasier" his father and he had the most interesting conversation about coffee and how coffee had become "elitist" and how a "plain regular Joe could not find a plain regular coffee" and I thought its so true....all these flavors and options and yet I remain a instant Nescafe fan :)

great going Klashers...we will miss you Mickey and Willy...

Kaveesh said...

Oh...I'd truly miss them!
But where in the world is my post?
Shinjini singh..Why art thou sleeping? I sent it to u long time back..Buhubuhu...N more than that am waiting for ur post!

NonsSens said...

Wow, really nice entries. Sarang, Genuine Fake, GSV...I really liked your ingenuity.

The Konfessioners said...

Klashers,please finish voting and kommenting by Sunday!

Thanks!

The Konfessioners.

Sarang Mahajan said...

Thanks Richa and Nandini! :-)

And Kaveesh, looks like Missy is too busy brewing her coffee! Bhagwan na kare kahi mujhe duty nibhani pade! :D

Kool posts on hot koffee! Mickey missing, that's never happened since he started klashing! And Willy, miss you man!

Kaveesh and Shinjini's takes are eagerly awaited!

Missy Baba said...

haha... Bandar ki baat.. the most expensive coffees these day are those brewed from the fruits eaten and spat or shat by Civet cats and monkeys! since they eat the best berries..!!!

google " civet coffee "!

Willy,TD, NM, Mickey, Agni, Chaos, Free Woman thou art all missed!!!!

Kaveesh..It's up! and what a post...:)

Unknown said...

Kopi Luwak or Civet Coffee..Yuck!!!
(its not spat, its just shat)
Is this being served at Barista or CCD.

Sarang Mahajan said...

Dok Saab, this reminds me of Shabri ke ber! :-)

Unknown said...

Sarang Jee what's up , you are reading too much mythology these days.

Unknown said...

shabri tasting the ber is OK, but imagine the seeds being sorted out from the excreta. have you gone through the google link?

Missy Baba said...

I love that story... Shabri's I mean.

Well, Kopi Luwak was originally a poor man's coffee..the plantation workers couldn't afford the expensive berries for their own brews so the resorted to picking up civet cat droppings and brewing the berries in them!...Such is our 'system' that the worker matters last!

richa said...

civet coffee...what a thoroughly yuckyyyy idea!! Doc saab i agree with you...its not spat its just shat hahaha....yeh to dudhari talwar hai...promoting capturing of civets and then us going through their potty..ughhhh

Princess how do you know all these things??? you are one of the most informed person I have met....gooooood

Sarang Mahajan said...

Richa, actually its me who I keeps Missy's information updated all the time! :D

Dok Sab, I hadn't gone through the link. But now I know why you people are disgusted! Hahaha! :-)

Kaveesh said...

Can we cut this 'shitty' thing off asap??
Missy thanx for the info..I call this awesum information..!! ;)

richa said...

hey people since i will be busy moving tomorrow I am going to be a good girl and start off the kommenting rounds....heehaa a first for me :)
out of 11 entries 6 are exact 120 words...wow!!!

Nandini: a novel idea and funny..the character of Chotu could have been built better but then 120 words dont give much scope!!

Genuine fake: a good return. we have missed you. the structure seemed a bit off..rhyming and then not. but the thought behind it was really nice.

santonu: giving voice to coffee was good but then again it could have been anything...a splash of coke..sambhar :)

Richa: I just seem to be stuck with "separation" theme!! but to be honest it was much longer and took me 45 min to fit in 120 words i lost some soul but i feel it turned out nice and maybe i will write a longer piece.

Doc Saab: where do u get these wonderful ideas??!! 1600 hrs...fauji ladki ke saath date thi kya :)
the last line "The bitter taste of that coffee still lingers in my mouth." wonderful...bitter taste for a bitter memory of being stood up!!

Sarang Mahajan: u take the cake..linking coffee with a mythological figure..speaks volume of your creative writer's mind. the start was not so nice but the last line made up for it...coffee fuming haha:)

Mandappa: sir mandy...what a poem and waht an idea...do i sense a true coffee addict haha :) concise, evocative and good rhythm.

GSV: another ingenious idea...coffee as a drink of elite..must say its an idea only back home..here in the US tea or as the cafe's call it "chai" is the in thing!! and they have as many if not more flavors than coffee!!
you still need to work on your grammar...2 past tenses in last sentence..it kind of takes away from your writing.

Hummingnerd: the last line was wonderful...bitter coffee in lonely bed eh??!! :)
the rhyming sounded forced why are your eyes deep?

Kaveesh: hey where were you hiding all this while...wonderful poetry and a wonderful idea...validating our addiction are we?? :) loved Brown bubbles skate across
the smooth, scalding surface

Princess: did not get the first paragraph but the second was good. one's initiation into the world of coffee and staying or quitting with it :)
bitter him..sweet..home how true!!

My VOTE:: confused between Kaveesh and Sir Mandy....

MY VOTE to Sir Mandy

Kaveesh said...

Thanx a ton Richa..I love it when u guys appreciate..Yes! I completely intended to validate addictions..but in all positivity...Coffee beans are crushed..are marred...coffee is killed and it satiates our addiction...My theme is metaphorical..didnt want it to be didactic! Just want to know rather tell that we can learn from coffee..How to lose ourselves to sumone who is our addict..It may be by our death..Big Deal???
Hahahaa...thanks for ur words..I can never hide..probably my size doesnt allow me to enjoy this special privilege..But i promise..I won't ever fade! ;)

NonsSens said...

My Komments & vote....

Genuine Fake - Brought out the coffee theme very nicely...you seem to be a true addict(Caffine in the blood)

Santonu - Nice...giving a "soul" to coffee. But if coffee is the "I" here, shouldnt it have been "although they consumed "me" in cups sitting there for hours"....
(Maybe I'm getting it wrong)

Richa - Hey, viewing "black coffee" as serious & adult is a new thought for me :)Hmmmm nice...sad memories with coffee.

DoK Saab - Typical CCD scenario....actually even I get confused with so much of coffee variety in CCD...Nice piece. Did you then go over to the chai shop & get that "bitter" taste out of your mouth....and life?

Sarang Mahajan - Really like the ingenuity in this piece.....it really seems slightly "hatke" - My Vote goes to you - for being different.

Mandappa KC - Wow...Loved the poem. So true - "heat me up when I'm cold...Perk me up when I'm down" - Cheers to all coffee addicts. My vote would've gone to you, but Sarang's slightly "different" flavour edged in the vote in his favour.

GSV - "Chai pani ka kharcha bhi toh hai " :)...Hmmm poor new chap didn't do his homework properly.
Funny....but true, why do offices still call it "tea break"?

Hummingnerd - Ohh sadness drove you to coffee. Godd it'll perk you up :-)If tea is cup that cheers, coffe could be mug that perks.
Kind of nice piece.

Kavish Sinha - Hey, very, very nice.Hmm read your take on the poem - never looked at it this way that coffe is crushed (killed/marred as you said) to satiate our addiction. But isnt it the same with alcohol - the poor grapes.
If Sarang's piece hadn't been "diff", I'd have been tossing a coin to decide on my vote to you or Mandappa KC.

Konfessioner Singh - How have I grown with coffee? Dont know - just that its made me an addict :-)
Like Richa, you too gave me a new thought - I didn't know writers prefer black coffee. Loved your last line.

My Vote - to Sarang Mahajan for being different (sounds like that Maggi ad)

Missy Baba said...

I like the komments! haha :)

and Empress, it's just spare knowledge! haha..I'm a trivia master.
;)

Komments today!

My first paragraph-- Well, men aren't like coffee..(or dogs for that matter...who the BEEP came up with that comparison!?! analogy..whatever!!!! WHY dogs!!!!) they don't do what coffee does to you and girlfriends here means friends, best friends in general..like in my case..Harshita, Madiha and I have had our best times over chocolate sundaes and maggi..never coffee. Coffee isn't my social drink..that would be nimboopaani sans the namak and cheeni (god you pervs..I bet you thought I meant alcohol! haha, yours truly is a 'teetotalarni' except for sake) anyway enough personal blastin'.. Growing with coffee is how you sort of change your tastes..like the first time I had coffee as a kid, I HATED it..and then it was for the mythical properties of increasing exam study hours haha and of course the style-- Black and all that! and eventually, I have my own version..Turkish black with a spoon full of condensed milk. :)

Missy Baba said...

p.s. lovely posts this week too..At least 3 odd people I've been begging to join us have turned their backs on me and run away and screamed

"we are intimated by the level of the klashers..they are far too good".. I say.. kya baat hai komrades!!! ;)

Missy Baba said...

Votes so far---


Mandi--1
Sarang--1

NonsSens said...

Hey guys, I came across this really funny quote.....
When the going gets tough, the tough get going is passe.....
Now its,
When the going gets tough, the tough take a cofee break :-))

Mustafa Quilon said...

@ Richa

Mine's an incomplete song. Listen to this song "Whistle for the choir" by "The Fratellis". The music is very similar. The song was a kind of an inspiration too..I'll come out with a podcast one day. I hope you were not getting back at me :)

@ missy

Wow.."civet coffee"...Someone said(I don't know who :p) - Necessity is the mother of all invention, we can add cravity or poverty to it...lol!


Time for my Komments..!(Forgive if they are very short)

Konfessioner Singh
I loved the piece...hahaha...wow..! However, I've never found coffee to be sweet. No amount of sugar does it for me. I hate coffee...! Tea is what reminds me of home...lol..Brilliant as always!

Kavish Sinha
I think the maiden was not necessary to make this piece more beautiful. I would've preferred "He". Anyways, great imagination. You sure dint disappoint anyone..loved it.

Hummingnerd
And ah..."My eyes are deep" is metaphorical. The reader is left to choose one out of its many interpretations.

GSV
hahaha...Nice take...:)

Mandappa KC
Very very ambiguous...lol...Cool...:^>

Sarang
Again, very kreative. You and Dok Saab are my favorites, when it comes to lucid writing :)

Dok Saab
hahaha...very true...hota hai..!

Richa gupta
Nice theme...Would like to read the longer version..!

Santonu
Kreative. However, if Coffee(splash or drops) was reminiscing, then, the mention of the word "coffee" thrice is confusing me...:?

Genuine Fake
I love that name..! And nice thought. Its a bit confusing but a few more reads would do me good.

Nandini Sen
hahaha..and I hope they dont make those deos...lol...I see lucidity in your write-ups and I love that.

My vote...ummm....Sarang and Missy you just miss-out....KAVISH!!

richa said...

Hey Hummingnerd...we dont get back at each other..common i mean i might stick my tongue out at you but thats it hahaha!! critique is whats going to make me better right??!!

am awaiting your podcast...
ok peoples..have the big move today..its so depressing but you gotta do what you gotta do...who said this crap anyway??!!

Unknown said...

Only three votes n kommnets so far, ands its sunday afternoon already!!
where is everyone yaar

Unknown said...

anyways, I am free today, so here are mine.
Nandini Sen ----- Mocha or Frappe, nothing could inspire even Willy and Mickey, but you succeeded in brewing up a decent blend, and fast. But Coffee scented deo’s!! What a turn off True, the word was difficult to write on this time.

P.S. Nandini, I forgot CCD, now its home made Nescafe instant coffee for me, and I love its sweet bitterness.

Unknown said...

Genuine Fake ----- I don't know the technicalities of poem structure, but you poem praising coffee sounds nice. good thinking GF
Santonu ----- Interesting description of a coffee house.
Reminds me of my school days when we wrote autobiography_of_a_tea_pot sort of essays.

Unknown said...

Richa Gupta -----Not your best take, Richa. Marital discord has been a predominant idea in your past two klashes too.

P.S. The incidence in my take is purely imaginary, as mentioned in the disclaimer, Richa,
but 16hrs could so easily be confused with 6hrs, is it not.

Unknown said...

Sarang Mahajan -----Very ingenious, Sarang. Coffee linked to Hindu mythology.
Was it again Lord Krishna’s curse , that the seeds have often to be collected from you-know-where.
Mandappa KC -----Like the GF’s, another paean sung for the concoction, but the word is not there in the brew.
Heat me up, when I'm cold
Make me young when I'm old
sounds like description of some aphrodisiac.

Unknown said...

GSV ----- Coffee as an elitist drink, well GSV, travel in any second class bogie of Indian rail and you’ll find more vendors selling coffee than tea.
Hummingnerd -----
Its good that you switched to coffee, many people faced with such situation have switched to Bacchus's brews. Good take, Nerd.

Unknown said...

Kavish Sinha -----
Each bubble is anxious to be the first one to burst, I found this poem of yours a very sensuous portrayal of the Froth. Regarding the beans being killed to satiate our addiction, I think that has been applied in the past to the making of wine from crushing the grapes. There is a very beautiful passage from Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet

Konfessioner Singh----- Growing with Coffee, good concept. For a change, there are no names this time in your take.
Coffee with condensed milk is worth a try, though I am also a Teatotaler, I brew my own tea, garnished with all the spices and condiments

Unknown said...

finished with komments,
now the difficult task of voting.
Well its very difficult indeed, and my vote goes to the best amongst equals
Kavish

Unknown said...

The votes update
Kavish--2
Mandi--1
Sarang--1

Yet to vote--
Sarang,
GF,
Santonu,
Mandappa,
GSV,
Kavish
And
KS, the past winner!!

Missy Baba said...

I'm sorry, i have no time to komment extensively..please consider just my vote this week-- Kavish.

apologies.

Shinjini.

Unknown said...

my comments and vote for the word this week- coffee

@ Nandini sen- the 'Neel'effect was 'kafi'this week..i have heard you have been to 'honnemardu',nothing to say abt it..!:)

@ Genuine fake- liked ur'caffiene in blood' :)

@ Santonu- sir, its like saying..my name is santonu, santonu is a damn good writer, santonu just gets sometimes mixed up while writing an autobiography.(I am coffee)..:)otherwise a bright idea..:)

@ Richa gupta- was black coffee responsible for all that...!...:)a black coffee affair..:)


@ dok saab- kya dok saab aap bhi na, ye disclaimer ki kya zaroorat padh gayi..! ye to aur shaq badhata hai..ki aap hi thay CCD par..:)
haan doksaab 2nd class mein safar kiya hai..coffee dugne rate ki hoti hai tea se...aur swaad bhi kadwa..aur elite to sabhi dikhna aur banna chahte hain...isliye sabhi peete hain..

Sarang Mahajan- very good idea but its just my thinking that the 'cursing' thing just doesn't suits to Lord krishna's character..i have never heard abt him cursing anyone...haha..just that! wish u have used someone else vishwamitra-meneka episode or something like that..some angry young man from mythology..:)

@ mandappa Kc- naam lene se shayad badnaam ho jayegi..sweet dusky lady...:)


@hummingnerd- liked it..:)


@ kaveesh sinha- sensible writeup..nice..:)

@ konfessioner singh- may be the condensed milk gives origin to condensed write-ups! though matching 'men' was a mismatch.
i was expecting Le bistro style something related with coffee this week


my vote to Kavish sinha

Unknown said...

votes update-

kaveesh sinha-5
sarang mahajan-1
mandappa kc-1

NonsSens said...

GS - Honnemardu is such an awesome place that 120 words couldn't do any justice to it!!! So had to resort to "kafi" :-)

Kaveesh said...

My much endeavored komments..here they kome:

Nandini
Your mind truly works with coffee…Cup empty and mind blank..awesum correlation. However the ‘kafi’ pun is again a lil not-so-catchy. I dunno why, but like last time…my attention goes more to Sethji than the kafi…But ur mind truly worked towards the end.
Genuine Fake
“With coffee gracing my mug whenever it may”…I loved ur love for the coffee. Neat and nice, it truly portrays ur love for the beverage. Good one.
Santonu
“Before the wet cloth wiped me off”…beautiful line, what an end! We do wipe off things from our lives so effortlessly. Exceedingly imaginative yet so close-to-life. Very well defined.
Richa G
Even I shut out things for coffee..haha. Wonderful picture of unpictured love. I loved the part where u called the coffee adult and serious. Gr8 innovative take. Loved the story too :)
Dok Saab
Oh Dok Saab…the coincidental resemblance did happen..:( Sadly..sigh…sigh! However it was me who had sent the sms. Haha Very regular take on a regular incident. 16 hrs did stun me for a while…but then I got the idea. Innocent and bitter…am sure ur meethi chai has taken the bitterness off u now!
Sarang Mahajan
Am ashamed to be so bad at mythology and with its characters. What a lovely take Bhai…much to my expectations n everone else’s. Coffee fuming was gr8 idea..thats why I prefer Cold-coffee..haha! I’d always look with pity+abhorrence at coffee from now on. Poor gal! :( ;)
Mandappa KC
Simple. Straight.Suave n Sultry. I love dusky ladies. Haha.So did I love the piece. Very nicely put together and etched with passion.
GSV
Very very true. I only spend time at Costa Coffee to show off! Haha Not that I want to show elite but because of the fright, “What will one think if am caught drinking tea?” kinda thing. However Ice-tea is the in-thing. But my naïveté in story-telling didn’t let me understand the last line. How was it connected?
Humming Nerd
I love thee but I love Louie…haha. U always have sum sorta pain instilled in those words. I loved “A cup of troubles it turned out to be”…I love thee mate. What instantaneous creativity. I remember when we were discussing our helplessness for coffee…Willy I miss u here!
Sherni
Aah my gal…I always fall short of words when it comes to writing about ur takes. Novelty, Kreativity and Dexterity…is all U. Black for writers is simply the apt choice. I often feign that! Haha. Too gud as always! Arghhh..!!

N the most contemplated vote…To choose the “the best among equals” as Dok Saab rightly put….My vote goes to…Sarang Bhai for changing my much-beloved look to my coffee mug! Haha …for the simple originality in his work!

malted socktail said...

i dont know the deadlines..so i will post my komments by the after noon if thats o k !

Unknown said...

Since Konfessioner Singh is away (no disclosed reasons ) , I think there are no deadlines. Your komments would be very welcome, Mandappa

Kaveesh said...

Konfessioner Singh is away for her Dadima is sadly ill and is hospitalised! As for now, Can i take myself to be the winner and give the word for this week?

Unknown said...

Hi Kavish,
we are deeply concerned for the health of KS's DadiMa, and hope she will be well soon.
In the meanwhile, you appear to be the clear winner.
So Kongrats Kavish!!!,
give us the new word, let the official konfirmation kome later.
As they say, the show must go on.

Unknown said...

@ dok saab- Thats true doksaab! missy is away for a very genuine reason and i wish her grandma be well soon, so that she can join us all back again.
One point i want to make today which all of us would agree including rest Konfessioners.. what efforts Shinjini singh puts in for the happening of this game is evident. i mean its a kind of responsiblity(i guess she would be enjoying doing it, thats why she is doing!) week after week to
-mail a new word to everyone
-do the word count,paste a suitable pic and update it,put the krown again on winner.
-make knk popular by inviting new ppl

the show must go on doksaab...but then someone has to take a bit of resposiblility..(yes we all r busy)
till then why not suspend it ad-hoc?

@kaveesh- congrats kavish bhai..:)you have an official right to pronounce new word..:)

Kaveesh said...

Thanku all who voted for me...I still remember how skeptical I felt when Shin asked me to Klash...I thought I'd stand nowhere...But am almost fainting with joy and excitement to wear the purple krown on my head today...(hyperbole!)..Haha
I also thank all ov u all to be such wonderful people to be sharing word-space with!It surely is a neck and neck klash of konfessioners and their friends...!!
As for the suspension..Shin wud never like it! Am sure she'd want this to continue..Dadima means the world to her and We can all pray for her..!!I've been with her and have known what she is to Shinjini..!!

Well the word this week..is..aah..umm...
STORY...
Yes...thats what we fight for all the time here...but this time its the word! So happy Storytelling! :)

Sarang Mahajan said...

Hey Kaveesh, great going man!
Congrats!!


I am really sorry could not vote in time to increase you tally by one. But I would also rate Mandi’s take very close to yours. Loved the emotional touch in Nandini’s little kid’s demand. Dok Saab was cool as ever. I shall come back to komment in detail on everyone’s work. Great klash this one!

And yes, let me put the Krown in its place! :-)

richa said...

kongrats kaveesh maharaj...aapki jai ho :D

Sarang Mahajan said...

All Klashers,

I have sent the mail to all the contacts, but if it fails to hit your inbox, please consider this as the declaration of the winner and the word next week - KAVEESH won the Koffee, the word this week is STORY and the deadline is by THURSDAY AFTERNOON!!

- Sarang