Friday 6 July 2007

Kiss

Kiss

  • to touch or press with the lips slightly pursed, and then often to part them and to emit a smacking sound, in an expression of affection, love, greeting, reverence etc.
  • to express a thought, feeling, etc., by a contact of the lips:

Santonu

November rain soaked the dry leaves on the streets on this cloudy morning. A tumble of water was just froze in his eyes. The Gulmohar with all the protruded roots gave him the perfect bed to lie down. Wind was blowing and carrying the rain drops away from him, not all, his blank face was also getting the chill of wind and the rain, only if he could feel it. He cried all through the night and through the dawn, the tears froze only when time kissed him bye…

===============================

Richa

Waiting ….Agonising…Cracking

Dry parched lips…..

Gathering…..Darkening…Rolling

Hitting the land with a hiss

Melting….Embracing….Hugging

The earth-rain first kiss

======================================


Anahita Dordi

Seven year old Riya was lying on the bed of the general w

ard of the hospital. She was suffering from Blood Cancer, had undergone blood transfusion and now was on heavy medication. Doctors weren't very sure if sh

e would cope up. If yes, life would be normal for the little kid. If no, then severe problems for the entire family.

Her mother saw to it that she timely swallowed her medicines. Once after her routine her mother kissed Riya's forehead. A smile immediately stretched acro

ss Riya's face. Since that day daily after her meals and medicines Riya would insist her mother to kiss her forehead.

Weeks passed and Riya completely recovered. Her mother too

k her back home. She hugged Riya and said, "My little small warrior! Always remember you are a strong girl. You fought bravely and responded well to the medicines too."

Riya replied….. I hated the medicines mummy, I just responded to your kisses.

==========================================================

Truth Dude

the art of missing

I miss her kiss
her lovely smile,
her double tight squeezes
her silken sighs.

I wander alone

on a journey together.
She walks her own path
even though she's with me forever.

Cliched it sounds
but it is a fact.
She peers into my soul,
I kiss her, with tact.

Alone through the night
and busy during the day.
Her tempting lips part
and she leads me astray

from the path I've walked on

for how long I do not know.
But I'll gladly leave it for you,
baby, I miss you so!

==========================================


NM

He walked through the customs… thinking about her… about the fight…
She talked over the phone… it was the last customer… of that very night…
He was going to leave her… for a very, very long year…
She was going to miss him… she knew she had done a sin…
He lounged back in his seat… listening to her favorite song…
She rolled over in her bed… she knew she was wrong…
They both were thinking…
About the same thing…
Their egos had made them miss…
That one last goodbye kiss.

===========================================


Sarang

‘What now?’ Shehnaz’s scared whisper filled the telephone booth.
‘Soon a bus will take us far from our families,’ Arun’s voice quivered.
‘What if they–’
‘They’ll never catch us,’ he grabbed her shoulders. ‘We’ve made arrangements.’

A minute passed.

‘Girl, can I kiss you?’
‘On my lips.’ She thought it would lessen her fear.

But before that, an angry voice jolted them, ‘Look in there.’ And the door opened; out stood cops and Shehnaz’s brothers.

‘So… we come to it,’ she said in tears.
He kissed her one her cheek… then their lips locked, passionately.

When the devil hands parted them, their necks dropped.

‘Perhaps, there was potassium cyanide on girl’s cheek’, whispered a cop after some time.

=========================================


Dok Saab

Muaahhhhhhhh !!
I could feel the warm thick betel juice trickling down my cheeks.
She tightened her arms around me.
You are choking me , I tried to squirm out, but by the time she planted another wet kiss on my lips. I could feel the sweet musty fragrance of saffron with a tinge of tobacco.
Dadi leave me , I am not a kid now.
Oh yes my Ram, my Kishan, Dabbo told me that you have become a big doctor now.
At last, she let me go.
Marry soon, I want to kiss your son before I die. And tell your wife I'll beat her if it is a girl.
She was very strong for an eighty year old. And she always greeted me with a forced kiss whenever I met her.
How I hated her messy kisses.
.
.
.
The room was filled with fragrant smoke of guggul.
I saw her sleeping on the mat. She looked divine.
I bent over her and took her in my arms.
Dadi, why don't you kiss me today. Look I have my son with me too.
I pressed my cheeks on her lips. They were cold.
I tightened my embrace around her. She slipped away.
How much I yearned for her kiss.
A wet kiss filled with betel juice, smelling of saffron.

============================================

Mandappa KC

Mornin folks, I cheerily greet thee

With black eyes and broken bones three

The konfessioners are back and so is me

But here's the story of this new spree

Kiss is the word they did choose

So I asked around like Big Moose

What's a kiss? Can I get one from you?

Sitting there with a hat so blue?

I walked around, asked far and wide

Girls I knew of every hip size

Smack! One on my forehead and on my back

Til' they got together and tied me in a sack

The smack was more a whack indeed

Left, right and thrashed like weed

Writhing in pain, in my pant I piss

So warm and tender, is this kiss?

=================================================

The Dark Poet

(Note:-- This one was ‘subject to approval’)

She's dark

and has a soul of steel

she knows how to love, and how to do it without fear

she has hair that dance n sing

they lay on his pillow in the morning

like a storm

he plays with em

twirls his clumsy sinner's finger and watches the curls unravel

she's beautiful, not sexy

celestial, a cherub

She smiles and it's not perfect

but he thinks it is

she fits into his arms n chest perfectly

they're a jigsaw

they always make love

and then she tip toes around on the wooden oak floor

she sings averagely

but he finds it beautiful

===================================================

Konfessioner Singh

“Parting to merge

allowing liquid heat to seep…

As waves of tumult

exalt:

in me sight

in you lust…”

Gasping in the middle of the night she touches the dry curves, resting a finger on the bow only to taste black ink…remembering the notes.

“I send you three kisses. One for your heart, one your lips and the last your eyes…”

She concentrates on what Napoleon wrote to Josephine. Constantly composing her own rhyme… Trying hard to remember how it had felt, the exact pressure, the smell of the rain…did it rain? She lies back down, tucking the sheets under her heels swallowing a forgotten memory and remembering only that it never did rain…and she wasn’t and would never be Josephine.

=========================================

8 comments:

Unknown said...

No one's kommented so far.
And I dont want to be the first one!!
But I can't wait anymore to cast my vote :)
And my vote goes to NM, for The Missed Kiss

truthdude said...

i second that. that was so real!

malted socktail said...

well i like
Anahita and NM....
aint anahita a first timer... ??
big hand of applause...

i really wish i could komment on every one... but my sincere apologies...from next week or teh next i wil...inbetween tonnes of work and shifting cities so please do excuse me :)

Anah said...

I loved NM for being short n sweet apart from the fact tht the klash is very genuine.

Still my vote goes for Sarang. I loved this klash in the first go.

Cheers!!!

Sarang Mahajan said...

My vote goes to Anahita, (not because she voted me :p).

Ana and Dok sab's write-ups truly justify the subject "kiss", which is not merely a word appearing somewhere in their drafts. Both touched me. But I say Ana, because she has broken the word limit by lesser number of words. :D

Missy Baba said...

Apologies about the LATE replies!!!!

Richa:-- I loved "hitting the land with a hiss".. evocative imagery here of the rain kissing dry parched earth, I'd have loved to read a longer one like this...but then a raindrop is just perfect..! Good one!

Ana:-- Welcome to the Klash! and what a super entry haha..:)

I will not komment on your structure till I have read more posts by you, but this gentle story did wrench my heart!

Truth Dude:-- Lots of rhyme there.. This is the quintessential nouveau young Indian love poem.. I did frown at the baby I miss you bit because it was going great till that bit haha..but it's a good try..!! Keep klashing..we love having you at Knk.. :)

NM:-- I know THIS story haha.. well done!

Sarang:-- Why potassium cyanide..I didn't get it?? well captured.. this is SO unlike you haha..but nice!!!!! I like the idea of kissing in a telephone booth!

Dok Saab-- My winner this week!!! This is one of your best pieces..! I urge you to write a long piece about your grandmother..she seems klassic! She'd love to have read this and I'm sure she knows...:)

You should put all your klashes together in a single post on your blog dok saab!

Mandi-- you Bob Dylan you..haha..this sounds Dylany too me..whacky and pantwarmin' nice take.. ;)

Dark Poet-- well you said I could put this one up! I do love it...does make one think of a kiss (even though it's not mentioned and all that!) I particularly liked the

"and then she tip toes around on the wooden oak floor"... nice!

Shinjini.

richa said...

okkkk i am sorry for being the last one to post but better late than never!!
my comments are going to be very laymany..as I have no knowledge of structure, rhyme etc. They are more based on what I as a common person like..
Sarang: you have strayed from your path!! this is one serious scenario and although a little filmy the ending was surprising. Although I liked it but I love your whacky funny write ups.
Doc Saab: I totally agree with Shin Shin..u should write a longer piece. Dadima is someone we all can identify with and have loved. It was poignant.
Anahita: good take on the word but I shall reserve my comments once I have read more. We hope to see more of you here.
NM: you do have the makings of a screen writer!!! a very common scene that all of us have experienced some time or the other!!! hence all the more touching.
Dude: I like the rhyme but dont get the whole meaning.
KC: it was hillarious. I loved you getting whacked by the various women hahaha!!
a timely tribute to the return of Klash.
And Shin Shin: Ohh my Princess...you continue to wow me..and although I admit it went a little over my head I did like the historical reference and the ending line "she will never be Josephine" was somehow more poignant than most.
My vote goes to KC

Santonu said...

gr8 to be back, i didnt remember last occasion when we have so many posts...

well Richa u r not the last:)

Richa: Smallest with large impact

Anahita: Nice story within 120 words, added a dimension to the definition up there

Truth dude: Nice poem, but felt that the kiss is missing

Nikhil: Sounds more like a song, well have to work on it to give it that shape :)I liked it a lot my second vote to u

Sarang: gr8 one, but why KCN? without that itself its really good

Doc Saab: very exciting, one can feel the kiss here surely, definition truly followed

Mandappa: if i remeber ur writing style has changed a bit, gr8 to klash with u again, but i sort of missed the kiss here

Dark Poet: Its tender and i hope to read u more here.

Shinjini: my vote for this week goes to you...kiss personified?

waiting for Amandeep, rohit also to join.